ALL Dogs and Cats (7 months and older) MUST be registered by May 31, 2022 or a $25.00 late fee will be charged
Proof of Rabies vaccination is required with expiration valid to April 1, 2023. If your pet cannot be vaccinated, your vet must fill out the Rabies Exempt Form
You may register your pet in the following ways:
At the Township’s FREE Rabies Clinics, Department of Public Works, 204 Pennsylvania Avenue, Flemington, NJ – April 6, 2022 and May 4, 2022; 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
By mail, forms are available here: Pet License Application
At the Municipal Clerk's Office, One Municipal Drive, Flemington, NJ Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm. Please feel free to use our drop box at any time as well.
- Online: www.sdlportal.com
***Online directions, click the link above and create or login to your account, then look for "Online Requests" and "Pet License Registration". Select whether your pet is a new registration or renewal, enter your information and submit***
$12.00 for neutered/spayed
$15.00 for non-neutered/spayed
No fee for cats of property owners with farm assessments
Please make checks payable to Raritan Township
For a list of free rabies clinics throughout Hunterdon County, CLICK HERE
- Chapter 6.04.020 of the Township Ordinance requires that all dogs and cats be licensed and states that no dogs are permitted to run at large and that every dog when on the streets or in a public place in the Township shall be on a leash that is securely fastened. Owners may be subject to a fine.
- Please complete the renewal application annually on or before September 30 to avoid a late fee.
- There is no fee for licensing of Seeing Eye or Hearing service dogs.
- Licensing period runs from June 1st to May 31st of the following year.
- License must be issued in the name of an adult member of the household.
- Newly acquired pets must be licensed within 10 days after taking ownership OR within 10 days of reaching the licensing age of 7 months OR within 10 days of moving to the Township.
- A fee of $.50 will be charged for a tag for pets licensed in another New Jersey municipality with proof of registration.
- Rabies certificate MUST NOT expire prior to April 1st of the following year to receive the annual license. Raritan Township offers four free rabies clinics the first two Wednesdays in April and May annually.
- Failure to license may result in a fine.
For information on New Jersey State Animal Cruelty Laws visit https://www.state.nj.us/health/vph/